CA Gun Owner Alert!
AB 2497 imposes a tax on the sale of guns and ammunition, but the rate has not yet been decided.
Being that this is California, the assumption is it would be high.
This bill may price out low-income individuals from exercising their right to self-defense, and it must be stopped NOW.
HOW TO FIGHT:
- Send an email to your legislator and tell them to oppose AB 2497. Here is the working link: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppose_ca_ab_2497?utm_campaign=0406caab2497&utm_medium=email&utm_source=firearmspolicycoalition
- CALL Asm. Jim Cooper and tell him to pull this anti-gun bill from the hearing!
- CALL the Assembly members listed below — ask them to “vote NO on AB 2497.“
- Share this information and help us get the word out — time is of the essence.
AUTHOR: Asm. Jim Cooper (D-9)
WHAT IT DOES: AB 2497 imposes a tax on the sale of guns and ammunition.
LOCATION: Assembly Revenue and Taxation Committee
STATUS: Will be heard in the Revenue and Taxation Committee soon!
CALL THE AUTHOR AND ASK HIM TO REMOVE THIS BILL FROM THE HEARING!
- Asm. Jim Cooper (D-9): (916) 319-2009
CALL THESE ASSEMBLY MEMBERS NOW!
It takes less than three minutes to help us fight this bill. Call every one of these Assembly members and ask them to “vote no on AB 2497!”
- Asm. Autumn R. Burke (D-62): (916) 319-2062
- Asm. William P. Brough (R-73): (916) 319-2073
- Asm. Rob Bonta (D-18): (916) 319-2018
- Asm. Melissa A. Melendez (R-67): (916) 319-2067
- Asm. Kansen Chu (D-25): (916) 319-2025
- Asm. Randy Voepel (R-71): (916) 319-2071
- Asm. Adam C. Gray (D-21): (916) 319-2021