Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. The purpose of SCI is to:
- Advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters
- Promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and related activities
- Provide value to members by shaping policies and legislation that protect the freedom to hunt locally, nationally and internationally.
- Keep members informed regarding issues that impact hunting while educating and entertaining members with engaging articles about the rich heritage of hunting in all forms of media.
- Provide a community for hunters worldwide where camaraderie is enjoyed and expert information is exchanged, and where members are able to participate in a market for quality hunting goods and services.
- Promote a positive image of hunters by portraying them as responsible citizens who fund wildlife conservation, education and other programs which benefit the community.