The San Diego Chapter of SCI includes about 200 members who share a vision of enhancing opportunities to hunt and fish and passing these opportunities on to future generations. We conduct a variety of activities that allow us to further our Mission. We publish periodic newsletters, which describe upcoming events, provide information on recent news and shares our members’ adventures in the field or on the water. We maintain a website and a blog to share information, keep our members aware of our events and accomplishments, and to provide a link for signing up for events.
San Diego SCI is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations may be tax deductible (see your tax advisor for details). As a 501(c)(3) organization, we spend the bulk of our income on wildlife conservation, education and humanitarian projects. We do not participate in political activities, but we do advocate for the right to hunt, fish and participate in the shooting sports.
The business of running our Chapter is governed by our Board of Directors in conformance with our Bylaws. The Board ensures our activities are consistent with our Mission Statement while keeping our members informed and giving them opportunities to interact.
We strive to keep our members informed about our activities and welcome feedback on how our organization can better serve the needs of our members. If you want to learn more, please peruse the information on our website and feel free to submit suggestions or ask questions here. Read below for further information on Safari Club International.
Safari Club International
Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. The purpose of SCI is to:
- Advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters
- Promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and related activities
- Provide value to members by shaping policies and legislation that protect the freedom to hunt locally, nationally and internationally.
- Keep members informed regarding issues that impact hunting while educating and entertaining members with engaging articles about the rich heritage of hunting in all forms of media.
- Provide a community for hunters worldwide where camaraderie is enjoyed and expert information is exchanged, and where members are able to participate in a market for quality hunting goods and services.
- Promote a positive image of hunters by portraying them as responsible citizens who fund wildlife conservation, education and other programs which benefit the community.