Our meeting programs continues our series of presentations on the different Disciplines of Hunting:
- Local Hunting
- Predator Calling
- Big Game Hunting
Join us for a Safari Club Evening to Remember. This is an event unlike any SCI event you have ever attended!
Your San Diego Chapter of Safari Club International is hosting the annual auction/fundraiser at a spectacular private Point Loma residence overlooking the ocean.
When: Saturday April 29th 2017 – 5:00pm- 9:30pm
For over 37 years, Safari Club International – San Diego has conducted an annual auction and fundraiser in support of its mission: Protect our freedom to hunt, educate our youth to the sport and promote wildlife conservation worldwide. This year’s event will also pay tribute to the brave men and women who serve our military, some of whom will be joining us for the evening. The amazing private residence, owned by Craig and Rebecca Irving- avid supporters of our military, has a coastal World War II bunker that you will have an exclusive opportunity to tour.
Enjoy fine cuisine stations with prime beef, fresh fish and hand-rolled sushi by Chef Billy that is all complimented by great wine and Karl Strauss beer.
We have incredible hunts and fishing trips available as well as some awesome guns including a Heym 416 Rigby Express and a Colt Python Revolver .357 Mag, Target Sights, Blued 6″ Barrel (Never fired and comes with walnut presentation case)
LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE! MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!
Come join us for a day of fun at Jim Conrad’s Ranch in Julian on Saturday, June 10 at 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT.
THIS EVENT IS FOR SAN DIEGO SCI MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY! If you are interested in joining the San Diego Chapter of SCI, please let us know and we will GLADLY accommodate!
We will have a target range set up primarily for pistols (any caliber) and .22 rifles. We have several self-resetting spinning types of targets as well as some clay pigeon target holders. So get out that old pistol that you haven’t shot in years, buy some ammo (while you still can) and come join the fun.
Yeah for the rain, because we will also have fishing! The pond has Florida Large Mouth Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Catfish. If you wish to fish, you will need to bring your own rods, reels, tackle and bait (worms work well). We have a limited number of life vests but parents should plan to equip their small children with their own, if they plan to fish from a vessel or the bridge.
There will also be a gun drawing for a Uberti Silver Boy .22 Lever Action rifle.
The cost is $40 per person. Children 10 -18 are more than welcome and are $15 per person. Kids 10 and under are free!Make Reservations Here
It’s approximately a two-hour drive from San Diego to the ranch.
- Take Hwy. 78 to Santa Ysabel (via Ramona) and then head towards Julian.
- Go 5.8 miles to Pine Hills Road, turn right.
- Go 1.6 miles to Eagle Peak Road, it veers to the right.
- Go an additional 1.5 miles and stay to the right, on Eagle Peak Road, it becomes a dirt road.
- After an additional 6 miles you will see a large sign that says “NO HUNTING, FISHING, ETC.” and you will be able to see the ranch house, with a bridge over the pond. Don’t turn at the sign, but instead, go an additional .8 miles to the gate on the right hand side of the road and go through the gate. Follow the road past the 1st house, go over the dam and proceed to the second and largest house.
- The ranch is located at the ‘Mile 8’marker on Eagle Peak Road.
We look forward to seeing you!